Fall Seminar in Bismarck.
The FALL seminar will be held on SEPTEMBER 19 & 20 at the Heritage Center in Bismarck.
- Tuesday, September 19
- 10:30- 12:30 Board Meeting/Lunch
- 12:45- 1:15 Registration
- 1:15- 3:00 Medical Marijuana Panel
- 3:00- 3:15 Break - Beverages
- 3:15- 4:45 Medical Marijuana Panel
- 4:45- 5:00 Questions
- Wednesday, September 20
- 8:00- 8:30 Registration
- 8:30- 10:00 Family Parenting Plan/Trial Prep
- 10:00- 10:15 Break
- 10:15- 11:45 Mediation
- 12:00- 1:15 Annual Meeting/Lunch
- 1:30- 3:00 Hot Topics
- 3:00- 3:15 Break
- 3:15- 4:45 Real Ethics in a Virtual World
May 3rd, 2017
at the Sleep Inn, 2400 10th Street SW, Minot, North Dakota.
- Time: 8:15 am - 8:45 am
- DIANE K. LAUTT
- “Ethical Considerations for Working with Clients with Diminished Capacity” Time: 8:45 am - 10:15 am
- AFTEN M. GRANT
- “Introduction to Family & Domestic Law” Time: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- WDALA Board Meeting and lunch on your own
- Time: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- SPECIAL AGENT DARRIK TRUDELL
- “Criminal Trends Associated with the Bakken Oil Boom, Fraud and Murder-for-Hire” Time: 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- MARK V. LARSON
- “Personal Injury Primer: Common Claims, Insurance Issues, and Aspects of Subrogation in Resolving Cases from the Plaintiff’s Perspective” Time: 3:15 pm - 4:45 pm
- ROOM RESERVATIONS
- Room reservations can be made at the Sleep Inn at the special seminar block rate of $90.00 plus tax. Please call the Sleep Inn by Friday, April 21 at 701-837-3140 to reserve your room. Mention the WDALA seminar when making your reservation.
Please register for the seminar as soon as possible to ensure availability of course materials. Cancellations must be made before April 28 to receive a full refund of the registration fee. Application for 6 CLE credits for the seminar has been submitted to National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) for approval.
"2016 Legal Assistants Day" Declaration
June 23, 2016
Sept 13-14th, 2016 at the
Holiday Inn - 3903 State Street
Bismarck, North Dakota.
Room Block Reserved at $99/night until August 13, 2016
Schedule and Speakers:
|12:30pm - 1:15pm||Registration|
|1:15 – 5:00||Jamaican Me Crazy – Leads, Lies and Losers|
|(Refreshment breaks at 2:15 and 3:30 p.m.)|
|8:00 – 8:30||Breakfast/Registration|
|8:30 – 10:00||Schemes, Scams, and FlimFlams|
|Parrell Grossman, Asst. Attorney General – Consumer Fraud Division|
|10:00 – 10:15||Break|
|10:15 – 11:45||Ethics: Trust Accounts & Other Ethics Issues|
|Kara Erickson, Counsel Disciplinary Board of ND Supreme Court & ND Judicial Conduct Commission|
|12:00 – 1:30||Annual Meeting/Lunch|
|1:45 – 3:15||Council on Abused Women’s Services (CAWS)|
|Janelle Moos, Executive Director|
|3:15 – 3:30||Break|
|3:30 – 5:00||Force to End Human Sexual Exploitation (FUSE)|
|Christina Sambor, Co-Chair, ND Attorney General’s Human Trafficking Commission|
Please register for the seminar by printing the registration PDF
(Printable registration form)
Please note registration fees increase on August 20, 2016.
Cancellations must be received by September 2, 2016 to receive a full refund of the registration fee.
Handouts for all sessions will be included in your seminar folder. Please register for the seminar as soon as possible to ensure availability of course materials. Your registration fee includes the cost of breakfast, lunch, breaks and written course materials.
April 21, 2016 at the Sleep Inn, 2400 10th Street SW, Minot, North Dakota.