2014 Santa Run
On Saturday, December 13th, WDALA members Candy Schafer, Charlene Smith, Laurie Guenther, Brianne Guenther (Laurie's daughter), and Leigh Johnson participated in Santa Runs Bismarck.
The 5K was put on by the Runners Against Destructive Decisions (RADD) as a way to raise awareness about addiction. The money raised will go towards buying tennis shoes for people in our community that are struggling with addiction.
Fall 2014 Seminar and WDALA 30th Anniversary
September 10-11, 2014. Ramkota Hotel. Bismarck, North Dakota.
- WDALA 30th Anniversary Celebration
- Speaker: Kelly LaGrave, NALA President
- Paralegal Empowerment
- The Paralegal "Toolbox"
- Speaker: Karin Scheele, ACP, MBA, CEDS
- Legal technology and related ethics
- Legacy Supporter Recognition Award: David Peterson; Al Emineth; Gail Hagerty; and Bradley Beehler.
39th Annual NALA Convention
July 23-25, 2014 at the Charleston Mariott, 170 Lockwoood Blvd., Charleston, South Carolina. This was a great opportunity to meet and connect with other paralegals.
Spring 2014 Seminar
April 25, 2014 at the Sleep Inn, 2400 10th Street SW, Minot, North Dakota.
- "Fair Housing Law and Disabled Americans"
- "North Dakota's Open Record and Meeting Law"
- "Observations from a Judge's Perspective"
- "An LL-What?!?!: A Guide to Limited Liability Entities in ND"
For previous events, follow these links: